Startup Tour NYC
Presented in partnership with our New York sponsors:
Are you an entrepreneur, freelancer or student interested in learning more about the tech & startup scene in NYC?
Great! But where do you start?
Join us on our inaugural Startup Tour NYC on Monday, April 25th as we formally introduce you to the NYC tech scene and startup ecosystem. You will connect with fellow startups & technologists, meet “movers and shakers” in the NYC community, explore different resources and networks that can help your business or career and listen to great leaders in the space talk about their experiences building their ventures in New York. As a bonus, you’ll also meet & interact with members of the Philadelphia startup community visiting NYC that same day.
Our goal is to help each attendee learn how to navigate and work with NYC startup & business community now and in the future.
Who is this for?
- Founders and startup teams involved with early to growth stage ventures
- Local freelancers looking to partner, collaborate or learn about the NYC startup scene
- Students interested in starting or working for a startup
What’s the agenda?
- Afternoon: Check in at NYU Incubator (137 Varick Street) at 1:15pm
- NYC Meet & Greet Lunch event with members of the NYC and Philadelphia startup communities
- Opportunity to share your current work & needs with a panel of leaders/connectors of the NYC tech/startup community
- Participate in a unique workshop where you’ll help a group of startups with their pitch presentations
- Admission to Startup Grind NYC, featuring a Fireside Chat with Morgan Hermand-Waiche
1. Lunch event at NYU Incubator, where the group will meet with a small group of NYC tech & startup community members. Each attendee will have 30 seconds to share their current work & business needs with a panel of leaders in the community (confirmed so far are the folks who run the NYU Incubator ( Mina Salib ), Pavan Bahl (fashion tech entrepreneur), Rob Sanchez (serial entrepreneur & adviser), and James Quick (Tech Evangelist for Microsoft) for feedback & suggestions. More to come as they’re confirmed.
2. Pitch workshop at Starta Accelerator, a new program helping Eastern European startups gain traction in the US. After having the opportunity to receive help from mentors & advisers at the NYU event, our group will help their cohort of startups refine their presentations for investors later that week. The accelerator is run by serial entrepreneur & marketing authority Katya Dorozhkina
3. We end the day by attending Startup Grind NYC, with networking opportunities with other members of the NYC startup & business community and a fireside chat with Morgan Hermand-Waiche, founder of tech & lingerie startup Adore Me.
The NYU Incubators are a public/private partnership incubating the top NYC startups by NYU staff through our unique two-year program. In our 7 years of being a leading program in NYC, we’ve seen the graduation of 65 companies including Bounce Exchange, United Wind and CB Insights, and many others. We accept pre seed and seed stage companies and get them through series A or organic growth by immersing them in an incredibly dynamic community of entrepreneurial talent and access to critical resources such as; customers, mentors, service providers, talent and investors.
For more information click here.
Starta Accelerator is an initiative of the Moscow-based VC fund Starta Capital and is designed to bring together, inspire and accelerate growth of select East European startups. This is the first program that aims to enable East European startups to gain traction in United States and achieve seed and Round A funding. Accelerator’s main objectives are to: expand access to American capital for high-growth high-tech European startups, create entrepreneurial education and mentorship programs that reach U.S.-oriented European companies, identify and remove unnecessary barriers to high-growth European startups in the United States and increase collaborations between U.S.-based and Europe-based companies.
For more information click here.
Refund Policy: No refunds or exchanges are allowed. You may transfer your reservation to another person, but the request AND approval of the transfer must be made via email to CoTo Travel at least 3 days prior to the event. No Exceptions.
Registration Questions: Part of the experience is connecting members of our community at our events. In order to provide the best possible matches and pairings that meet your needs and interests, we require you to answer a series of questions when reserving your seat. We ask you to describe the problem you need help with and the people you’d like to meet. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for the exchange of ideas.
Please note that the answers you provide will NOT be used by CoTo Travel or our affiliates beyond the scope of our service and related programs. In line with legal standards, we ask that you only share information that you are legally allowed to disclose to the public. If you encounter any questions that may require you to violate this request, please DO NOT proceed with the registration.
Service Disclaimers: Please note that the itinerary, locations and equipment to service this event is subject to change at any time. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, you will receive an email communication announcing the cancellation and a full refund within 3 business days of the announcement. Cancellation by CoTo Travel is the ONLY grounds for a refund.