Startup Tour NYC – Spring 2016
Are you an entrepreneur, freelancer or student interested in learning more about the tech & startup scene in NYC?
Great! But where do you start?
Join us on our inaugural Startup Tour NYC on Monday, April 25th as we formally introduce you to the NYC tech scene and startup ecosystem. You will connect with fellow startups & technologists, meet “movers and shakers” in the NYC community, explore different resources and networks that can help your business or career and listen to great leaders in the space talk about their experiences building their ventures in New York. As a bonus, you’ll also meet & interact with members of the Philadelphia startup community visiting NYC that same day.
The tour listed below was an actual event offered in April 2016. All tours provide similar content, programming and opportunities to those found from our 2016 retail and student Startup Tour program. Our goal is to help each attendee learn how to navigate and work with NYC startup & business community now and in the future. For more information on creating your own Startup Tour NYC for your group, scroll down to the bottom of the page and complete the form below.
Who is this for?
- Founders and startup teams involved with early to growth stage ventures
- Local freelancers looking to partner, collaborate or learn about the NYC startup scene
- Students interested in starting or working for a startup
What’s the agenda?
- Afternoon: Check in at NYU Incubator (137 Varick Street) at 1:15pm
- NYC Meet & Greet Lunch event with members of the NYC and Philadelphia startup communities
- Opportunity to share your current work & needs with a panel of leaders/connectors of the NYC tech/startup community
- Participate in a unique workshop where you’ll help a group of startups with their pitch presentations
- Admission to Startup Grind NYC, featuring a Fireside Chat with Morgan Hermand-Waiche
1. Lunch event at NYU Incubator, where the group will meet with a small group of NYC tech & startup community members. Each attendee will have 30 seconds to share their current work & business needs with a panel of leaders in the community (confirmed so far are the folks who run the NYU Incubator ( Mina Salib ), Pavan Bahl (fashion tech entrepreneur), Rob Sanchez (serial entrepreneur & adviser), and James Quick (Tech Evangelist for Microsoft) for feedback & suggestions. More to come as they’re confirmed.
2. Pitch workshop at Starta Accelerator, a new program helping Eastern European startups gain traction in the US. After having the opportunity to receive help from mentors & advisers at the NYU event, our group will help their cohort of startups refine their presentations for investors later that week. The accelerator is run by serial entrepreneur & marketing authority Katya Dorozhkina
3. We end the day by attending Startup Grind NYC, with networking opportunities with other members of the NYC startup & business community and a fireside chat with Morgan Hermand-Waiche, founder of tech & lingerie startup Adore Me.
CoTo Travel offers private groups of entrepreneurs, students, investors, executives and government delegates the opportunity to learn more about NYC’s growing and diverse tech and startup community through our Startup Tour NYC program.
For more information please complete the form below to request your Private Startup Tour of NYC: