Are you an entrepreneur, freelancer or student interested in learning more about the tech & startup scene in NYC?
Great! But where do you start?
Join us on our Startup Tour NYC as we formally introduce you to the NYC tech scene and startup ecosystem. You will connect with fellow startups & technologists, meet “movers and shakers” in the NYC community, explore different resources and networks that can help your business or career and listen to great leaders in the space talk about their experiences building their ventures in New York. As a bonus, you’ll also meet & interact with members of the Philadelphia startup community visiting NYC that same day.
The tour listed below was an actual event offered in September 2016. All tours provide similar content, programming and opportunities to those found from our 2016 retail and student Startup Tour program. Our goal is to help each attendee learn how to navigate and work with NYC startup & business community now and in the future.
Who is this for?
- Founders and startup teams involved with early & growth stage ventures
- Local mentors, technologists and press interested in exploring connections to the NYC startup scene
- Students interested in starting or working for a startup
What’s the agenda?
- Morning: Check in at 9:45am
- Program begins at 10:00am
- Private fireside chat interview with prominent member of NYC tech community
- Opportunity to share your current work & needs with local mentors & investors in NYC
- Attendance at a local evening networking event
Session 1: Intro to the NYC Tech & Startup Scene (approx 10:00am-11:00am), hosted by RISE New York
Interested in hearing more about where NYC Tech is today and where it’s going? How about a better understand of the opportunities available to you as an entrepreneur in New York? Join us for a fireside chat and discussion with Silicon Alley insiders who will give us the “scoop” on what’s happening and how we can get “in!”
Session 2: NYC Mentor Exchange & Brainstorm (approx 11:30am-1:30pm), hosted by RISE New York
Looking for insights into how “insiders” view various startup verticals and define growth? Do you need advice on how to solve business challenges you may be facing in your own venture? Mentor Exchange and Brainstorm fuses the best parts of a panel discussion with topic driven breakout sessions. First, mentors from local incubator, accelerators and consultancies briefly share best practices & advice on how to build successful ventures in New York City. Then, each panel member will host a breakout session on topics the group wants to discuss based on a vote of attendee suggestions.
- Jared Sorin, Associate at McCarter & English, Co-Founder at entreprenYours
- Chike Ukaegbu, Lead Executive, Startup 52
- Christiana Ting, Strategic Acquisitions Associate, Samsung Global Innovation Center
- Lena Kuznetsova, Chief Analyst and Program Manager, Starta Accelerator
Panelists will be added as they are confirmed.
–Lunch Session: Mix & mingle with your fellow attendees at Chelsea Market over lunch (approx 2:00pm-2:45pm)—
Session 3: Peer Startup Pitch Checkup (approx 3:00pm-3:30pm, onboard bus enroute to Session 4)
How clear is your professional pitch to other people (customers, partners, investors)? Whether it’s for your own career or that of your business, your message is central to your success. As we travel together to our Investor panel and evening networking session, you will work in small groups with your peers aboard the bus to answer the hard questions about you, your venture and your goals.
Session 4: Investor Insights Roundtable (approx 4:00pm-6:00pm)
Seeking best practices on fundraising for your startup? Or are you interested on how investors source, filter and approach potential investments? Let your curiosity run free at our Investor Insights Roundtable, where Venture Capitalists who invest in early stage companies discuss how to best prepare for fundraising and trends in investment. Following the 45 minute panel, you’ll have time to meet with the panelists after the event.
- Chris Fortunato, Associate at KEC Ventures
- Jason Shuman, Associate at Corigin Ventures
- Lindsay Freeman Avagliano, Assistant Director, NYS Innovation Venture Capital Fund
Session 5: Founders Freestyle (approx. 6:30pm-8:30pm), hosted by Galvanize NYC
The fireside chat interview reimagined. At Founders Freestyle, we empower you, the audience, to guide the conversation with our two featured speakers through live, crowdsourced content. The event features three rounds of storytelling, where each speaker will choose an audience member to share a random idea or thought. The speaker will then have to share a story from their personal or professional lives that involves that thought before the other speaker responds with their own story. Their collective experiences, in turn, will give you a unique perspective into how these accomplished founders paved their road to success.
We’re proud to host these accomplished founders at our evening event:
- Christine Souffrant Ntim, Founder of Vendedy & BrandEntrepreneurs.com, Chapter Director Startup Grind Dubai
- Michael Lisovetsky, Co-Founder of Skylight
CoTo Travel offers private groups of entrepreneurs, students, investors, executives and government delegates the opportunity to learn more about NYC’s growing and diverse tech and startup community through our Startup Tour NYC program.
For more information please complete the form below to request your Private Startup Tour of NYC: