Effective January 1, 2019
Terms and Conditions / Disclaimer of Liability
The following rules apply to all CoTo Travel LLC operated or brokered services, unless otherwise expressly stated on CoTo Travel’s LLC website or in writing from an office of CoTo Travel. The Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer of Liability statements addressed herein may be altered, eliminated, or additional requirements added at the discretion of CoTo Travel LLC’s CEO.
Transportation and Retail Tour Services
1a) General Information
- A valid photo ID is required to board the bus.
- We will send you a confirmation via email.
- C. Bring a copy of the email confirmation to the bus boarding area. You may also be required to supply a secondary registration with the trip, activity and/or event you are attending as required by the event and/or attraction organizers. If a secondary registration is required, you will be notified on the trip description page and your email confirmation.
- We require you provide us with a contact number (preferably cell) so we can contact you in the event of a service disruption
- Smoking is prohibited aboard the bus in accordance with Federal law.
- A service animal, trained for the purpose of accompanying a special needs traveler, will be permitted to travel with the passenger at no additional charge. A pre-arranged notice (written via email to info (at) cototravel.com) of this accommodation must be given at least 48 hours in advance of the departure date. No other animals are permitted.
- CoTo Travel LLC and its transportation contractors will not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, road conditions, weather and other conditions beyond its control. Said parties do not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any point at a specific time.
- CoTo Travel LLC reserves full control and discretion as to the seating of passengers and the right to change such seating at any time during the trip, provided; however, seating arrangements will be made without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
- CoTo Travel LLC and its transportation contractors, reserves the right, when operating conditions require, to transfer passengers from one vehicle to another en route.
- CoTo Travel LLC and its transportation contractors, reserve the right to refuse to transport a person a) under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, b) who is incapable of taking care of him/herself (this does not apply to persons who are accompanied by an attendant or nurse), c) whose conduct is such or likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other passengers or prospective passengers, d) who refuse to permit a search of his or her person or property for weapons or who fails to provide positive identification upon request, e) presents an imminent danger to other passengers and/or representatives of CoTo Travel LLC and/or its transportation contractors or f) or who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation. Such persons may be removed from the bus at such place along the route as the driver and/or official representative of CoTo Travel LLC may select. CoTo Travel LLC and its transportation contractors shall not issue any compensation for passengers removed en route.
- Guests must be at least 16 years of age or older to purchase travel on our website to attend one of our scheduled trips and tours. This purchase must be facilitated by an adult at least 18 years of age or older who has consented to this purchase. Purchasing travel with CoTo Travel LLC on our website constitutes an agreement to these terms. CoTo Travel LLC is not responsible for any fares collected if purchased by a minor without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are also not responsible if the minor commits fraud or perjures him or herself in the process stating they are of the stated age and have the appropriate permission to make this purchase.
- If traveling alone, to ride any trip operated by CoTo Travel LLC or its affiliates, guests must be at least 16 years old. Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult aboard the same bus and/or schedule. Please note that CoTo Travel LLC will be released from any and all liability resulting from failure to refund any fares purchased by minors without expressed written permission to ride our service, and/or minors under the age of 16 who are not accompanied by an adult. By purchasing travel with CoTo Travel LLC, whether as a participant in a regularly scheduled tour operated by CoTo Travel and/or an affiliate of CoTo Travel LLC or a private group tour, the parents of any student who purchases travel consents to the terms above and releases CoTo Travel LLC and all parties affiliated with the company, including but not limited to transportation contractors, food and beverage venues and the colleges from any and all liability.
- During times of heavy guest demand, CoTo Travel LLC may elect to operate additional buses to accommodate our guests. These buses may depart at times other than the scheduled departure time, as directed by our on-site supervisors, in the interest of our guests. The times listed on any of our schedules and/or itineraries are shown for the purposes of guest convenience and operational planning and are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- Seating is limited and ticket sales may be discontinued at any time prior to the event.
- Unless otherwise stated, all individual tickets available for purchase on www.cototravel.com are one way tickets. This does not apply to our company-operated or affiliated tour programs.
- Not all buses will make all stops when returning from the event/activity venue – Confirm your destination prior to boarding with an official CoTo Travel team member.
- When you register for a service operated and/or sold by CoTo Travel LLC on its website or through its affiliate platforms, you agree to have your personal contact information added to our mailing list for promotional offers, , and any other communications as warranted by CoTo Travel. You may elect removal of your personal contact information from our mailing list by making a formal request via email to info (at) cototravel.com with a subject line of “(YOUR NAME) – Remove Personal Contact Information from Mailing List” and attaching a scanned/faxed image of your signature to the message with the date you wish this request to take effect. Only requests submitted with these requirements will be processed.
1b) Reservations and Refund Policy
- You must reserve and purchase your seat online at www.cototravel.com and/or any third-party platform CoTo Travel LLC utilizes to facilitate transactions. Unless duly noted and authorized by CoTo Travel under contract by its CEO, no other entities are allowed to facilitate such transactions.
- A confirmed online purchase is a reservation and guarantees you a seat on the date and itinerary you’ve chosen provided you arrive at the departure point no later than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- You must bring a valid picture ID to show the driver or tour host. You may also be required to furnish an event registration or trip confirmation for the destination and/or attraction you are visiting if requested by the manager or event organizer. This request will be clearly stated on both the trip itinerary when booking and your email confirmation which confirms your travel and payment.
- When you purchase a ticket from CoTo Travel, your purchase is final – NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCHANGES. Unused or partially used tickets have no refund value.
- Should a guest cancel their reservation with CoTo Travel LLC, they must submit this request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reservation will only be cancelled once a cancellation number is issued to the guest via email. Once a reservation is cancelled, the seat(s) are forfeited and may not be reclaimed using that same reservation.
- At the discretion of CoTo Travel LLC, refunds may be issued for the purchase price less transaction fees incurred under two instances: cancellation of the event by the event organizer, or inclement weather which prevents us from safely transporting you to your destination and back.
- With each circumstance, the company, CoTo Travel LLC holds all rights to provide alternative means of compensation in lieu of a financial refund of the purchase price less transaction fees incurred, including, but not limited to the issuance of travel vouchers for future travel, and substitution of alternative event of equal financial value.
- If CoTo Travel LLC cancels your scheduled trip for not meeting a minimum passenger quota, you will receive a full refund. All guests will be notified prior to a service cancellation of this policy.
Passengers are allowed two (2) luggage pieces per person to be placed under the bus and (2) carry-on luggage pieces (personal item). This policy may be adjusted to meet the demands of a specific trip. These personal items must be placed either in the overhead luggage compartment or beneath your seat aboard the bus. We do not allow the transport of weapons of any kind or any material that would be classified by the DOT as a hazardous material. (Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials, poisons, radioactive materials, etc.). The company requires each guest to carry their baggage aboard the coach. CoTo Travel LLC and its transportation contractors are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items as a result of you transporting them aboard our contractor’s vehicles.
1d) Passenger Information
CoTo Travel LLC may disclose the passenger’s personal information, including ticket and payment information, as required by law, upon order of the court, by request of a governmental agency, by request of a law enforcement authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or advisable. CoTo Travel LLC may also disclose personal information, but not ticket and payment information, to the attractions, venues, organizers, and/or events each guest visits on their itinerary with the company.
1e) Passengers with Disabilities
CoTo Travel LLC contracts with regional bus companies to provide transportation. Unlike recent legislation that requires all regularly scheduled motorcoach services have access to working wheelchair lifts at any time, without prior notice; we operate on a charter agreement with our contractor. Therefore, CoTo Travel LLC requires wheelchair passengers inform us of their needs at least 48 hours prior to the departure date via phone or by email.
For special service intercity transportation operations serving major city destinations, we will make every effort to have a working wheelchair lift vehicle available for your trip. All passengers requiring special accommodation MUST reserve their tickets and pre-pay online prior to departure. It is company policy NOT to accept walk-on, stand-by or cash fares at the departure point for any individual.
Group Tour and Event Management Services
2a) General Contract Conditions
- CoTo Travel LLC represents and warrants to Client that it has the experience and ability to perform the services required by this Agreement; that it will perform said services in a professional, competent and timely manner; that it has the power to enter into and perform this Agreement; and that its performance of this Agreement shall not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party or violate any federal, state and municipal laws. However, Client will not determine or exercise control as to general procedures or formats necessary to have these services meet Client’s
- This agreement of CoTo Travel LLC to perform shall be excused by acts of God, or any other legitimate condition beyond CoTo Travel LLC control. If such circumstances arise, all reasonable efforts will be made by CoTo Travel LLC to find comparable replacement event planning at the agreed upon fees. In the event that CoTo Travel LLC is unable to procure a replacement, Client shall receive a full refund of all fees paid to CoTo Travel LLC. Client agrees that in all such circumstances, CoTo Travel LLC liability shall be exclusively limited to refunding the fees paid and that CoTo Travel LLC shall not be liable for indirect or consequential damages arising from any breach of this contract
- Quoted prices are based on an agreed upon number of attendees and are only guaranteed for one week from the date of issue through a program quote and/or formal proposal. If the Client does not confirm the program within that time frame or if the total number of participants in the Client’s group changes, the program rates listed may increase.
- The schedule of payments listed in the contract shall remain in force for the life of the contract.
- For all tours, programs and events, both deposit and balance payments must be made by credit card.
- In the event of non-payment, CoTo Travel LLC retains the right to attempt collection through all legal and permissible means. Client will be responsible for all court fees, legal fees, and collection costs incurred by CoTo Travel LLC. It is further agreed to and understood that Client shall be charged $50 for each returned check plus a $25 service charge for each collection
- While CoTo Travel LLC will make every effort to confirm the preferred program options listed in this proposal, these programs are not guaranteed and subject to change due to the volatile nature of planning, organizing and managing business and industry related tours and programs. The company has omitted specific names of speakers, venues and host companies, as they have not been confirmed for your group at this time. In the event the agreed upon program is unavailable for any reason, we will offer a comparable program suited to the needs of your group. All confirmed programming, including speakers, content and host venues will be furnished to you approximately two weeks prior to your date of service.
- It is agreed to that Client will take reasonable steps to protect CoTo Travel LLC personnel and equipment during the contracted In the event of injuries or damages resulting from insufficient protection on Client’s part (except in the case of gross negligence on the part of CoTo Travel LLC), Client will be responsible for paying for all of CoTo Travel LLC resulting costs (including, but not limited to, insurance deductibles, medical treatment) that are not reimbursed by insurance.
- This agreement cannot be canceled except by mutual written consent of both the Client and CoTo Travel LLC. If cancellation is initiated by the Client in writing and agreed to by CoTo Travel LLC in writing, Client will be required to pay any unrecoverable costs already incurred by CoTo Travel LLC (but not more than the total fee agreed upon).
- Client shall pay any charges imposed by the These charges may include, but are not limited to, parking, use of electric power, etc.
- By reserving and submitting payment for any CoTo Travel LLC operated program, the Client acknowledges that they are aware of the following: that this program, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent, has certain additional dangers and risks, some of which include: physical exertion for which attendees may not be prepared, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change, and food provided by third parties.
- For programs during which food is served, CoTo Travel LLC a not a licensed food handler nor any type of guarantor of food safety. While every effort is made to accommodate special dietary needs by addressing Client concerns with the food vendors, decisions affecting food safety and Client health are the responsibility of the Client or the legal guardian of the Client who alone assumes the inherent risks thereof. CoTo Travel LLC shall assume no liability for any matters related to food safety.
- The Client fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with participation in the program offered by CoTo Travel LLC including, without limitation, injury or death resulting from exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, and injuries arising from accidents or mishaps, other participants, motor vehicles, and pedestrians.
- The Client understands and accepts that the program offered by CoTo Travel LLC takes place in venues under conditions largely beyond the Company’s control. The Client accepts all the inherent risks of the proposed programs and the possibility of personal injury, death or property damage or loss resulting there from.
- The Client acknowledges that the enjoyment and excitement of the proposed form of program is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work, and these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, being a reason for attendees’ participation.
- The Client agrees to hold neither CoTo Travel LLC, nor its Staff members, nor any business or its staff included in the visit liable in any way should any harm come to any attendees.
- Client agrees to defend, indemnify, assume liability for and hold CoTo Travel LLC harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, suits, proceedings, penalties, expenses or other liabilities including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from the performance of this contract, regardless of the basis
- The Client also agrees that CoTo Travel LLC can require attendees to sign a waiver in order to reasonably indemnify itself against liability and deny admission to any attendee that refuses to sign the waiver.
- The agreement is not binding until received and signed by CoTo Travel LLC. Any changes must be written and signed by both the Client and CoTo Travel LLC. Oral agreements are non-binding. The latest contract supersedes all previous contracts between Client and CoTo Travel LLC for the event listed If any clause in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable by a court of law, the rest of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts, and each such executed counterpart shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute a single agreement. Facsimile signatures to this Agreement are acceptable and carry with it the same full force and effect as an original signature
- CoTo Travel LLC may elect not to exercise rights specified in this agreement. By doing so, CoTo Travel LLC does not waive their right to exercise those rights at a future
- Additional event specific terms and conditions may be added to satisfy the unique circumstances of the tour, event and/or function. Any additional terms and conditions will be listed on the Client’s contract.
- It is hereby agreed and understood that the laws of the State of Pennsylvania shall govern this agreement
- Client may not transfer this contract to another party without the prior written consent of CoTo Travel LLC.
2b) Venue, Attraction and Event Relationships
CoTo Travel LLC is not affiliated with, nor endorsed by the attractions, venues, and/or events we serve, except where expressly noted on our website and itinerary. CoTo Travel LLC retains independence from all events, activities, organizations and venues for which we provide service to for all aspects of operation and ownership of any intellectual property and/or data collected on behalf of the event and activity organizers in respect to transportation. We are also not affiliated with and hold no responsibility for the activities and programming.
The client is solely responsible for their own transportation to, from and between venues. The client agrees to transport any assigned personnel of CoTo Travel LLC involved in the management and coordination of the client’s program between venues without exception. Any refusal to accommodate the personnel of CoTo Travel LLC aboard client’s vehicles will result in additional fees billed to the client upon tour or event’s conclusion.
Any additional arrangements for transportation not explicitly listed and agreed upon in the contract will be billed in addition to any projected fees previously mentioned.
CoTo Travel LLC shall not be held liable for any unforeseen circumstances that may occur during any part of company operated excursions, including but not limited to, transaction purchase, transportation, and event activities. CoTo Travel LLC acts solely as an agent selling transportation services. CoTo Travel LLC has undertaken due diligence to the best of its ability to ensure that the information provided as part of the service description and delivery of the service is accurate at the time of confirmation and shall not be liable for any further changes that may ensue.
Service Delivery and Consulting – All Services
Our service, including but not limited to selling tickets for our services, answering customer inquiries, and facilitating logistics and coordination of tour events and travel planning, is offered to the extent that the manager and/or organizer of the attractions, venues, and/or events allows us to operate. We are limited to the regulations provided to us, and are obliged to observe and respect these restrictions at all times.
Availability of website – All Services
We strive to keep www.cototravel.com available but are unable to guarantee that this website will operate continuously, without interruptions, or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.
Links to other websites – All Services
Website links from www.cototravel.com and from company communications, including but not limited to referrals via email or phone, printed media and verbal communications exist for convenience and information. CoTo Travel LLC makes no representations regarding, or accepts any responsibility or liability for the products, services or information (or any reliance on it) contained on any such site. CoTo Travel LLC does not guarantee that third party websites are free of infection from any virus, harmful component, or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. The existence of a link to another website does not imply or express endorsement of its provider, product or services by CoTo Travel.
Your privacy is important to us. We will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with good commercial practice and applicable law. We collect and retain certain personal information about you (for example your email address) and use this to provide the service you’ve requested, such as to confirm your reservation or reply to a question.
We may provide your personal information to organizations directly involved in the update and/or maintenance of this website, including our website designers and technical consultants. This information will be used by such organizations only to perform their functions and/or to provide the service you have requested and for no other purpose. We may also provide your information to the attractions, venues, organizers, and/or events you have purchased transportation to. If required under our service contract and/or permit, this information may be provided in accordance with our duty to each venue and/or institution to disclose our passenger lists for their safety, security and accounting purposes.
Should you need further details about the information we hold on you, or wish to have your personal details removed from our database at any time, then please contact us.
If the credit card holder for reservations is not you, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the card holder’s consent before entering any related details, and that such details when entered are true. By using CoTo Travel’s web site, you confirm that you will only enter personal information about yourself and that such information is true.
Indemnification – All Services
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliates, distributors, partners, licensors, advertisers and sponsors, and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of these Terms and/or (b) your activities in connection with the Services (including, without limitation, any and all purchases).
Disclaimer of Warranties – All Services
THE SERVICES, AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. COTO TRAVEL LLC AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. COTO TRAVEL LLC AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES. COTO TRAVEL LLC AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES. COTO TRAVEL LLC AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES (OR GOODS WHEN PACKAGED WITHIN OUR SERVICES) RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Limitation of Liability – All Services
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COTO TRAVEL LLC OR ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF COTO TRAVEL LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SERVICES (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES (OR GOODS PACKAGED WITHIN THE SERVICE) RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE SERVICES, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES (AND/OR GOODS WHEN PACKAGED WITHIN THE SERVICE), LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, THE SERVICES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall CoTo Travel LLC or its affiliates, partners, advertisers or licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
The terms and conditions stated above will be governed under the laws of the United States of America and when applicable, the State of Pennsylvania. These terms are subject to change at any time, and the latest version available shall be applied to any and all issues pertaining to the agreement.